We offer four options for accommodation consisting of the North Stable, South Stable, Loft, and Stall. Both the North Stable and the South Stable are self-contained luxury lodges, with each one comprising of a fully equipped kitchen, spacious lounge, dining area, beautiful bedroom, and a luxurious bathroom. Each Stable has a late model heat pump to keep the lodge warm and toasty on chilly winter evenings, and ceiling fans to keep cool during the hotter months. French doors off the bedroom and lounge open out onto a large private deck - the perfect spot for a glass of wine while taking in the stunning views of the surrounding hills. The back door of each Stable opens out to the pool area: consisting of a large swimming pool, bubbling hot Jacuzzi, shaded cabana, barbecue corner, and reclining chairs - with the wonderful sauna-room situated close by. Both Stables are tastefully furnished with many individual touches to ensure your stay is comfortable, relaxing, and memorable!
The Loft is a compact studio with a small kitchenette, not as 'luxurious' as the Stables but still beautifully cosy and comfortable. The Stall is a basic but comfortable guest-room attached to the main house and is ideal for those simply needing a bed and shower for the evening. There are no kitchen facilities, food preparation area or living area in The Stall. Booked guests in any of the four rooms have full access to the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, and sauna.
Conveniently located near several sports venues, this retreat is ideal for those discerning travellers needing accommodation for rowing, equestrian, polo, bowling and cycling events. It is also the perfect base for those wanting to visit Hobbiton, Mystery Creek, Rotorua, Taupo, Raglan, or Waitomo Caves. The rooms and facilities are also excellent for small or intimate retreats, workshops, or artistic endeavours.
With an aim to live more 'mindfully' we encourage guests to enjoy the beauty of the rural setting and hills beyond, the abundant bird life, the pool, spa, and sauna. We do our best to reduce waste in regards to water, power, plastic, and rubbish and we strongly urge guests to help towards this. Please read our Mindful Living Policy on the Sundries page, and our regulations below.
Before booking a room please consider the following:
- This retreat style accommodation is best suited for adults. Older children can accompany you but we respectfully request that they behave accordingly and respect other guests, the property, and our environmental/mindful living policies.
- Huntington Stables Retreat has a strict no-smoking policy which applies to all rooms, decks, balconies, and facilities. We have two designated areas away from the rooms for those guests who choose to smoke.
- The facilities, linen, contents of the rooms, and all provisions are for booked guests only.
- For the safety and welfare of all guests and our property, and to avoid any misunderstanding, it is crucial that you advise us of intended visitors to your room. Please ensure they comply with our policies and regulations.
- The check-in time for all rooms is 2 pm onwards. In most cases we are unable to offer an earlier check-in time.
- The check-out time for The Loft or Stall is no later than 10 am. Check-out time for the North or South Stable is no later than 10.30 am unless discussed with us prior to arrival. Wedding Night and Special Package guests - 11 am check-out. In most cases we are unable to offer late check-outs.
- Pets are welcome upon application (phone discussion). We respectfully request that guests comply with the regulations regarding this. Please note that we are unable to accommodate pets during the winter months or wet periods.
- We have pure filtered drinking water which is clean, fresh and delicious. Therefore you do not need to bring your own! Please assist us in reducing plastic by not bringing plastic bottles of water - ours is just as good!
- Read the description of the room carefully to ensure your choice is right for your needs. For clarification please ring or email.
- For the best rates we encourage you to book direct through Huntington Stables Retreat: via phone, email or our website. The room rates are higher if booked through Expedia, Booking.com or other agents!
Attached to the main house, this basic but comfortable Queen-size guest-room is ideal for those guests simply needing a bed for the evening. There are no facilities for food preparation or dining inside the room, but there is a small table and two chairs on the patio. Sleeps up to two people.